This delicious, patriotic pie is perfect for celebrating the Fourth! It’s cute and festive and pretty fun & easy to make! Find the recipe below.
Stars & Stripes Berry Pie
the perfect, patriotic pie!
- 2 store bought pie crusts I used Pillsbury
- 1 tbsp milk for brushing pie crust
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint fresh blueberries you can also use blackberries if you prefer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray your pie dish with non-stick spray and place your first pie crust inside. Pinch the edges and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Then spray the crust with non-stick spray and line with aluminum foil. Place about cup dried rice (or beans) inside and bake for 10 minutes. This is called "blind baking" and will allow the crust to be crisp when finished. Let cool while you work on the filling!
- Combine all ingredients for the strawberry filling in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all the ingredients for the blueberry filling.
- Use a piece of foil or plastic to make an "L" shape barrier and place in the first pie crust. This is to separate the blueberry and strawberry filling. Pour the blueberry filling in the small section and the strawberry filling in the large section.
- Use the second pie crust to cut out stars and stripes. Use a small knife or star shaped cookie cutter if available. Place the pieces on top of the pie filling as shown in the picture.
- Brush the crust lightly with milk and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool before serving. Best served with a scoop of BlueBell Homemade Vanilla icecream 🙂